We’ve tried to make it easy for you to find the best 4 person tent for your needs. This list consists of the best 4 person tents available so that you can quickly compare and find the one that is right for you.
One thing to remember when choosing a 4 person tent, these will typically not fit 4 grown adults. From our experience, we find 4 person tents to work well for 2 adults and maybe a couple of kids. You can often fit 4 adults in the tent but it will be a squeeze and there won’t really be any room for gear or anything else.
With that said, here is our list of the best 4 person tents for camping.
Coleman Sundome Tent
The Coleman Sundom Tent is a great all-around 4-person camping tent. It does not come with lots of extra frills but gives you everything you need for an easy to use tent. The footprint of the tent measures 9′ x 7′ and the height of the tent is 4′ 11″ at the center of the tent.
This is a great tent for those who are looking for a simple yet durable 4-person tent with lots of proof of use by customers. Coleman makes great durable products and the Sundome Tent is no exception to this.
- Dome tent with spacious interior allows you to move comfortably
- Easy setup in only 10 minutes
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Large windows and a ground vent for superior ventilation
- Measures 9 x 7 feet with 4 foot 11 inch center height
- Proven quality form many customer reviews
Kelty Salida 4 Person Camping and Backpacking Tent
The Kelty Salida 4 person backpacking tent is a great lightweight tent. At only 7 lbs this is a great option for those who are trying to minimize the total weight of their gear. This tent is also good for rainy conditions with a full-length rain fly. You won’t have to worry about getting wet with fully seam taped construction.
With a mesh top, the Salida tent also works great for clear nights where you want to see the stars. This is a very easy tent to assemble with a two-pole set up and even includes a vestibule for gear storage. If you are wanting a lightweight tent that is great for backpacking and camping, this is a good option for you.
- Compact folding poles
- Gear loft loops
- Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh
- Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- Roll top cube carry bag
- Fabric/mesh tent walls
- Internal storage pockets
- Fully seam taped construction
- Storage vestibules
- Floor area: 55 ft² / 5.11 m²
- Vestibule area: 11 ft² / 1.02 m²
Coleman Instant Cabin 4 Person Tent
Coleman’s Instant Cabin Tent is one of the most popular 4 person tents available. It is a great car camping tent because set up is very easy and it offers a lot of space. It is hard to go wrong with this tent. This cabin tent offers you all the essentials you need in a tried and tested design.
An additional feature that is nice with this tent is that you don’t need an extra rain fly to make it waterproof. Simply set up the tent and it is ready to handle some rain and harsh weather. This really is a great tent that offers you all the essentials that will make your camping trip a breeze.
- 150D/150D Polyester/taped seams
- Instant tent sets up in just 1 minute
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams
- Rugged Polyguard 2X double-thick fabric
- Pre-attached poles
- Integrated vented rainfly
- Measures 8 x 7 feet with 4 foot 11-inch center height
- Storage bag included
- Dark room technology
TETON Sports Mountain Ultra 4 Person Tent
Teton Sports’ 4 person Mountain Ultra Tent is a great option for those who are looking for a lightweight tent that will do well in rain and slightly harsher weather. This tent features a full-size waterproof rain fly that will keep you dry even in heavy rain. Additionally, the tent includes a tub-like floor, which prevents any water from getting in from the bottom.
Additionally, if you will not be getting any rain, the rain fly can be removed to give you a full view of the stars. The full tent mesh body is great for those who love to sleep under the stars but don’t want to deal with the bugs. Teton Sports makes great camping geat and this is definitely one of the best 4 person tents that you can buy.
- Waterproofed to 3000mm
- Vestibule for your backpack saves you space
- Bathtub floor keeps you dry
- Rainfly has vents to keep condensation down
- Hassle-free takedown
- Storage bag included
- Easy set up with clip system
- Perfectly fitting, waterproof rainfly
- Comes with gear loft for your essentials
- Include full mesh tent body
Coleman 4 Person Dome Tent with Screen Room
Coleman’s 4 person dome tent with screen room is a great tent with probably the most gear storage space for tents of this size. This tent offers good space inside the tent but where it stands out is with the extra space provided by the screen room. This screen room gives you a reasonably large area for gear storage or a space to sit and relax, protected from any insects.
Additionally, this tent is built with Coleman’s dark room technology, meaning it will block out 90% of sunlight. This will make it easier to sleep even when it is light outside as well as help to keep the tent cooler. This is a great tent with an awesome screen room to give you some extra space for whatever you need.
- Dark room technology
- Included rainfly
- Welded corners and inverted seams
- Strong frame withstands 35+ mph winds
- E-Port for electrical access
- Storage bag included
- Sewn in storage pockets
Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 4-Person Canvas Tent
The Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 4-person canvas tent is a great option for those who are looking for a 4 season tent that will last many years. This is a very well made tent that will handle more abuse than most standard tents. The tent is made of canvas, which makes it good for cold weather camping. This tent even holds up very well in snowy conditions.
The tent offers a spacious interior with a ceiling height of 6 feet 1 inch. It also has an attached awning that makes for a nice shaded area right outside the tent. The tent has 4 mesh windows as well as 2 rooftop vents. The windows and vents offer great ventilation so this tent does well in warmer weather as well. With a sturdy canvas and solid construction, this is a great tent that you can use for many years.
- 100% Cotton Duck Canvas
- Watertight and breathable
- Flex-Bow Frame
- One-person setup
- 6’1″ ceiling height.
- Two large D-shaped doors (front and back)
- Four large windows
- No-see-um mesh.
- Front Awning (70×57 inches)
- 1 pocket organizer
- 1 bag organizer
- 2 sewn in pockets)
- Designed for compact storage
- Two funnel-flow vents
Eureka Copper Canyon 4 -Person Tent
The Eureka Copper Canyon 4 Person tent is an awesome cabin style tent. This tent has almost vertical walls, which gives you space inside the tent. Additionally, with a center height of 7 feet, this tent allows even taller campers to stand all the way up.
The tent comes with a solid rain fly and tough poles, which allows it to handle rainy and windy weather pretty well. Inside the tent, there are multiple gear storage options as well as a zippered electrical port. This is a very well made tent that is a great option for those who want some additional space and headroom.
- Near-vertical walls
- Steel/fiberglass frame
- Easy ring/pin assembly
- Zippered power port
- Two high-stash storage pockets
- Gear loft
- Measures 8 feet by 8 feet (floor)
- 7 feet tall
- Packs to 7 by 26 inches
- Weight of 18 pounds, 10 ounces
- Pack size: 7 inches by 26 inches
ALPS Mountaineering Taurus 4 Person Tent
ALPS Mountaineering’s Taurus 4 person tent is a great option for those who want a tent that offers a little more than just the basics. This tent comes with a full-length rain fly that gives you a vestibule on both sides of the tent. Additionally, this is one of the best 4 person tents because it has doors on both sides of the tent. Most tents of this size only come with one door so two doors with vestibules are great for storing extra gear.
This tent also has a mesh roof so that if the weather is nice, you can take off the rain fly and enjoy the stars. This is a great option if you are looking for a tent with a few extras and a tent that provides some decent gear storage.
- Free-standing, fiberglass two-pole design
- Polyester tent fly
- Mesh roof
- Two entryways and a zippered window on each door
- Mesh storage pockets
- Gear loft
- Aluminum stakes and guy ropes
- Base Size: 7’6 x 8’6
- Center Height: 52″
- Total Weight: 10 lbs. 8 oz.
Coleman 4-Person Pop-Up Tent
Coleman’s 4-person FastPitch pop-up tent is definitely the fastest tent to set up. If you really don’t like setting up tents, then this is the tent for you. Set up consists of taking the tent out of the bag and placing a few stakes. This really is the easiest tent to set up.
While this tent is the easiest to set up it is best in situations where you will not be experiencing extreme weather. The tent has been waterproofed and can handle some rain but it will not stand up as well in very windy situations. This is a great tent for quick camping trips where you will have nicer weather.
- Pre-assembled poles for easy 10-second setup
- Taped floor seams help keep you dry
- Multi-position rainfly for the perfect balance of protection and ventilation
- Packs up flat for easy storage
- Two storage pockets to organize your gear
- 9 ft. 2 in. x 6 ft. 6 in.
- 3 ft. 4 in. center height
- Inverted seams increase weather resistance
- Welding-inspired technology strengthens the tent floor
- Polyester, 3000 mm
- PU coated
- Taped seams
- Groundsheet: PE sewn-in
- Fire retardant materials
Gazelle T4 Pop-Up 4 Person Tent
Gazelle’s T4 Pop-Up 4 person tent is a great tent for those who want a taller tent that is very easy to set up. With Gazell’s pop-up tent technology, you don’t have to worry about getting poles in the right places and making sure everything aligns correctly. Simply take it out of the bag and click the attached poles into place.
Additionally, the tent comes with some extra features like a detachable floor, multiple gear storage options, and an easy to install rain fly. This is a great tent that is super easy to set up. It is a great option for those that love car camping but don’t like the hassle of setting up a traditional style tent.
- 67.5 inch duffle bag included
- 78 in tall
- 61 sq. feet of floor space
- 50+ UV rated material
- A waterproof rainfly with taped seams is included
- All-metal hubs and solid fiberglass poles
- Beefy YKK zippers on our doors.
- Polyester floor is removable
Vango Capri 400 Tent
The Vango Capri 400 Tent is definitely the largest 4 person tent in this list. While this tent sleeps 4 people, it also has lots of extra living space. The extra living space makes this actually a pretty large tent. In addition to the extra living space, the tent also has a covered porch area. This area is great for extra gear as well as sitting outdoors while still enjoying some shade.
This tent is great for rain as the entire outer shell is waterproof. While the tent does have multiple windows that can be opened, it does not have a mesh top. Without a mesh top, the tent can get a little hot during the hot season of summer. This tent is best for those who want a larger tent with extra living space and plan to do most of their camping in cooler weather.
- Supported by 4 air beams
- Flysheet and inner pitch together making it simple and quick to pitch and pack
- The Vango patented tbs ii – tension band system
- Protex 70 denier waterproof polyester flysheet
- Pre-attached front extension
- Diamond-clear pvc windows with privacy curtains
- Inner tent keeps sleeping area darker
- 104″ x 236″ (floor dimensions)
- 77″ height
CORE Equipment 4 Person Instant Dome Tent – 9
Core Equipment’s 4-person instant dome tent is a great option for those who want a super easy tent to use. This is an instant up tent, which means that you don’t have to worry about putting in or taking out any poles. All you do is click the attached poles into place.
Additionally, this tent comes with some nice extras like a landers holder, gear loft, and electrical access port. Core makes great tents and this is a great option for those who want one of the best 4 person tents that is easy to set up and include some nice extra features.
- 100% Polyester
- Instant 30-second setup
- Center height: 54
- Core H20 block technology and adjustable ground vent
- Features gear loft with lantern hook and pockets
- Electrical cord access port
- Includes rain fly, tent stakes, and carry bag
- Water repellent fabrics
- Sealed seams and fully taped rainfly
- Rain-resistant door/window seals
- Adjustable air intake vents
- Mesh ceiling
Eureka! Tetragon HD 3-Season Camping Tent
Eureka!’s Tetragon HD 3-Season camping tent is a standard dome style tent with only 2 free-standing poles. This means that you don’t need to try and get the poles through tent sleeves. Instead, the tent easily snaps to the poles, making this a very easy camping tent to assemble. The Tetragon HD also comes with multiple gear storage pockets and an in-tent media center.
The tent was also designed to be able to handle bad weather. With a waterproof rain fly, bathtub floor, and fully seam-taped construction, this tent will keep you dry even in heavy rainfall. Eureka! makes great tents and focuses on quality. This is a great tent that will serve you well for many years of camping.
- Freestanding, two-pole dome architecture
- Fiberglass frame with clips and ring/pin corner assemblies
- No-see-um mesh roof and side panels
- Waterproof rain fly
- Bathtub floor
- Fully seam-taped construction
- E! Media Center in-tent entertainment hub
- Two storage pockets and a gear loft
- 8 feet 6 inches by 7 feet 6 inches (floor)
- 5 feet tall at peak
- Weighs 8 pounds 12 ounces
Browning Camping Glacier 4-Person Tent
The Browning Camping Glacier 4-person tent is a great cabin style tent. The tent is easy to set up with only 2 poles and pole clips for the tent. Additionally, the tent comes with a full-length rain fly that offers 2 large vestibules. These vestibules are great for storing extra gear. This really makes it easier to keep the tent clear and open so there is more room for sleeping.
This tent does well in bad weather as well as good weather. It has a mesh top as well as zipped mesh windows and doors that are great for ventilation on warmer nights. Browning makes quality gear and this tent is no exception. If you are looking for a cabin-style tent that is easy to set up and comes with lots of gear storage, this is a great option for you.
- Free-standing, aluminum two-pole design
- Snap over tent poles
- Full coverage fly offers
- Two large vestibules
- Pole diameter: 19 mm
- Mesh roof vents
- Two doors with zippered mesh windows
- Mesh storage pockets
- Gear loft
- Stakes and guys ropes
- Base Size: 8′ x 9′
- Center Height: 6′
- Total Weight: 19 lbs. 4 oz.
NTK INDY GT 4 Person 12 x 8 Camping Tent
The NTK INDY GT4 person tent is a great tent with lots of extra features. This is a standard sized tent at 12×8 but where this tent stands out is the extra-large rain fly. The rain fly ads a very large vestibule that also doubles the size of the tent. This vestibule can be used for gear storage or even as a sitting area to keep out of the sun. The vestibule area even comes with a detachable floor that turns the vestibule area into more of a living space.
In addition to the vestibule, the tent includes multiple gear pockets and a gear loft inside the tent. The tent has multiple vents as well as a zipped mesh door that is great for ventilation. This is a great tent that offers quite a bit more than most 4 person tents.
- Floor size of 12.8ft x 8ft
- 4.7ft center height.
- 100% waterproof 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane
- 2500mm water column rainfly
- Large 2-way zipper D-style door
- Full mosquito mesh protection
- Utility pocket for storage and ventilated mesh roof
- Front vestibule with awning
- Detachable PE tarp floor
- Extra thick Nano-flex fiberglass poles
- Ultra-thin NO-SEE-UM polyester micro-mesh fabric
- Freestanding design
- Flooring has a unique bathtub-style construction
- CPAI-84 fire retardant materials
- Zipped stuff bag