LUCID 3" Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper, Twin
- Very comfortable
- Doesn’t get hard when cold like normal memory foam
- Come in multiple sizes
- Great size for larger individuals or people who move around when sleeping
- Compresses down reasonably well for it’s size
- Less durable because it is not made for the purpose of camping
- Compresses well but still larger than many other camping mattresses
- More expensive than other options
- Not sold in sizes smaller than a standard twin bed
The Full Review
This gel memory foam camping mattress is the most comfortable pad we’ve used to date. The gel memory foam is very soft. It offers a few inches of comfort to help you sleep better while camping. Since this pad is gel memory foam and not standard memory foam, it does not get has hard as standard memory foam when it gets cold. If you are looking for extreme comfort, this is the memory foam camping mattress for you.
Durability is one area this pad is lacking. This memory foam pad was not manufactured for the purpose of camping and so it does not have an external cover around it. The intent is for a normal mattress and so it is more easily damaged than other pads that have a tough outer cover. We haven’t had too much trouble with it, we are simply a little more careful when setting up and packing the pads.
This memory foam mattress comes in many different sizes that make it easy to get almost any size you want. The mattress is available in any standard bed sizes starting with a twin and going all the way up to a California king. Additionally, you can get this pad in either a 2″ or 3″ size. This allows you to save money with the 2″ size or go for extreme comfort with the 3″ size.
Surprisingly, for its size, this memory foam camping mattress can be compressed to relatively small size. The mattress is still pretty large when compared to air mattresses. For the size and comfort you get, this mattress can pack up pretty well.
The cost for this mattress is higher and is by no means one of the cheaper options. If you decide to get the 3″ option be prepared to pay about $75. If you want to save some money you can go with the 2″ version and pay about $50.
- 3" of ventilated gel memory foam adds softness and pressure-relieving comfort to your mattress
- Special memory foam formula is extremely soft, airy and responsive
- Ventilated design improves airflow for a more comfortable sleep climate