Most people will agree that hiking is one of the best activities you can do while camping. From pristine nature to animals and birds, there is nothing better than having a brisk walk in a forest before you retire into your tent. For an even more pleasurable experience, it helps to invest in some camping shoes. These are some of the best camp shoes on the market, so it’s time to get started on your next hike.
10 Best Camp Shoes
1. HOKA ONE ONE Ora Recovery Slides
If you want a comfortable pair of shoes for your camping trip, the Hoka Ora Recovery Slides are among the best camp shoes on the market. The lightweight design makes it easy to carry, while the non-marking outsoles and durable material ensure that you will have an enjoyable time each day.
If you are looking for comfortable shoes that offer good support, then the Hoka Ora Recovery Slides are some of the best camp shoes that you can find. While they may not be the most ideal for comping, many people think they are one of the best options for everyday wear. However, it is essential to order a half-size larger than your usual size for additional comfort.
- Comfortable: Excellent construction makes these shoes extremely comfortable.
- Durable: The quality materials ensure that these shoes last for an extended period.
- Cost-effective: Good value for your money.
- Attractive design: These shoes have a fashionable look that makes them stand out from the crowd.
- Low traction: The design of these shoes is good, but they have low traction.
- Slow drying: The outsoles take quite a while to dry, so it’s not recommended for you to wear these shoes in warm weather.
- Low cushioning: The outsole is not very cushioned, so if your hike is quite strenuous, it may cause some discomfort.
2. Flip Flops
They’re most often made of rubber, but some models are made of other materials like canvas or plastic. They’re distinguished by a flat sole with a strap between the big toe and the others. They’re one of the universal types of best camp shoes because they’re comfortable for almost everyone.
Before purchasing these flip flops, you should consider their design. Some people prefer to wear flip flops with a small strap, while others prefer to wear flip flops with a large strap to provide them with more support. It would be best to consider the flip-flops’ material because it will influence the overall comfort. The material you choose should also be durable because flip flops are most often used for swimming or other activities that can damage them.
- They’re lightweight and flexible enough to be worn outside as well as inside your tent, all day long.
- They also provide you with increased traction on various surfaces, which makes them ideal for campfire cooking and cleaning up.
- It Can also be worn over your socks with no ill effects.
- There’s an increased risk of injury and tripping over things when wearing these shoes.
- They’re not very durable.
- If you use them outside the campsite, you could get your feet stuck between rocks or mud.
- Soft and Sturdy – Made of 100% high-quality, super soft and durable rubber with cushioned insole. Men's and Women's sizes may be printed on the foot bed
- Summer Ready - This sun and sand ready flip flop has muted tones for a sleek, laid back look
3. Xero Shoes Z-Trail EV
These are a pair of rugged hiking shoes designed to provide the protection and comfort you need when you intend to walk long distances on terrain that requires traction or protection from hazards. The Z-Trail EV comes with a full-grain leather construction and a premium fully waterproof GORE-TEX membrane.
Xero Shoes Z-Trail EV is one of the best shoes you can find. These shoes are suitable for people with wide feet since they come in different widths. The design of these shoes makes it easy to bend and twist your foot. It is also comfortable to wear since it offers enough cushioning to prevent discomfort on long hikes.
- Waterproof and breathable.
- Lightweight and packable.
- Worn with or without socks.
- Comfortable and stylish.
- Wide toe box is essential for people who have had toe injuries in the past.
- Shock absorption system protecting your feet from impacts.
- They have no soles.
- The required break-in time can be a bit off-putting.
4. Crocs Classic Clogs
They’re ideal for people who love to go on long walks in the sun. They’re made of a material that doesn’t rub or cause soreness. They have a thick nonslip sole, which helps stop you from sliding down on the ground.
You should consider the size of your feet when you buy these Crocs Classic Clogs. Although they look like regular shoes, they’re really designed for people with larger feet. The wider tip of the sole provides more foot support.
- The shoes are comfortable and lightweight, so there’s no stress on the feet or leg muscles when you wear these shoes.
- They’re also quite durable and will last you a long time.
- They’re perfect for people who have flat or weak arches.
- They’re easy to clean.
- They don’t come with waterproof material.
- They may slip off your feet.
- These shoes look flimsy.
- They’re not suitable for everyday wear.
- CROCS FOR EVERYONE: With a color and style for every personality, the Classic Clogs are the Crocs women and men need to start a comfort revolution around the world
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND FUN: The Crocs for men and women feature lightweight Iconic Crocs Comfort. Ventilation ports add breathability and help shed water and debris quickly
5. Merrell Moab Ventilator Mid Waterproof
These shoes have a padded collar for your ankles and a toecap for protection from stones and rocks. The midsole comprises compression-molded EVA for cushioning, and the outsole has multi-directional lugs for increased traction.
The Merrell Moab Ventilator Mid Waterproof is an excellent pair of shoes for more extreme camping, like off-trail hikes. You should choose the size of these Merrell Moab Shoes depending on the size of your feet. These shoes have a thick outsole, so you should choose the right size based on your measurements. The sizing chart shows you how to measure your feet and determine the correct size.
- This shoe gives a good grip on all types of terrain.
- It’s lightweight and very flexible.
- The shoe’s design makes it easier to move your feet.
- It’s quite comfortable.
- The design can be a bit narrow for some people.
- The shoe is not very durable.
- The shoes are not breathable.
- Pigskin leather and mesh upper
- Metal hook traditional lace closure
6. Merrell Waterpro Maipo
These shoes have an outsole made with Vibram soles that provide you with the traction you need on every type of terrain. The shoe has a mesh material and double stitching within the shoe.
You should choose the style of these Merrell Waterpro Maipo. If you want to go off-trail, then you should consider a pair of shoes that can support your feet while they hike on uneven terrain. When walking or hiking, your feet should not slide or slip out of the shoe.
- These shoes are lightweight.
- The breathable membrane keeps your feet cool and is waterproof.
- The shock absorption system protects your feet from impact.
- They have a great grip on different types of surfaces.
- The padding on the insole is not enough for protection or comfort for many people.
- The shoes are a bit stiff when you first wear them.
- The traction can be a bit questionable on wet surfaces.
- Vibram TC5+ outsole
- Kinetic Fit BASE removable contoured EVA insole with water friendly top cover
7. Merrell Capra Venture
This is another shoe with a toecap and ankle brace. They have a full-grain leather and mesh upper with an ESS shank. The TPU toe cap has a stretchy membrane and outsole of Vibram rubber.
You should find the Merrell Capra Vents size chart; this will let you know where to measure your feet when choosing the correct size. The shoes should have a soft touch and provide adequate space for the top of your foot while keeping your heel in place. The sizing scale is provided to measure space around the area where your heel sits when you are standing.
- There’s a great deal of traction on every surface.
- The shoe is lightweight.
- The arch support is very comfortable.
- The shoe is not very durable because of the mesh material and stretchy membrane.
- Mesh and synthetic upper
- Traditional lace closure
8. Altra Lone Peak 5.0 Trail Runners
The shoes have a midsole that is made of compression-molded EVA. The outsole is made of carbon rubber. The shoe comes with a raised toe bed and a padded heel collar, which helps take pressure off your Achilles’ tendon. These shoes are perfect for trekking and hiking.
The Altra Lone Peak Trail Runners are designed for people who like to enjoy outdoor adventures. If you’re going to do a lot of walking and hiking in the wild, your feet and legs should feel comfortable. You should choose the size of the Altra Lone Peak Shoes. The sizing chart shows you how to find the right size for your feet.
- They’re very lightweight and flexible.
- The soles have good traction.
- They have a cushioned heel and instep.
- The shoes are not very durable.
- Stay Focused: With our MaxTrac outsole and multi-directional TrailClaw lug pattern for grippy traction, you can focus on the trail infront of you
- Go Further: Balanced Cushioning platform places the heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground, which encourages low-impact landings
9. Vasque Breeze AT Mid GTX
These shoes have a two-layer polyurethane midsole, which provides excellent cushioning and shock absorption. They come with a 200g highly abrasion-resistant nylon (HAN) upper, making these shoes very durable and hardwearing. The outsole is Vibram rubber and consists of well-distributed dual rubber lugs.
Vasque Breeze AT Mid GTX shoes is designed for people who love trekking and hiking. They give your feet the protection you need when walking or hiking on uneven terrain. The shoes have a breathable EVA midsole, so your feet will remain cool and dry. You should measure your feet and choose the right size for you when purchasing this shoe.
- The shoe is very lightweight and flexible.
- The shoe is very comfortable, cushioning your feet perfectly.
- They have a great grip on different surfaces.
- The laces stay tied up.
- These shoes are not water-resistant.
- They’re not very durable.
- 2mm waterproof nubuck leather uppers and GORE-TEX waterproof/breathable membranes seal out wet weather; air mesh in uppers offers extra ventilation
- Vasque-exclusive Vibram Contact Grip with Megagrip compound outsoles provide traction on varied terrain
10. Vivobarefoot Ultra 3 Bloom
The Vivobarefoot Ultra 3 Bloom is a great casual shoe that can double as a camp shoe. It’ll work just as well on a hiking trail as it will at your campsite. Made with waterproof leather, a breathable mesh upper, and a Vibram outsole, you can wear them when you step out of your tent in the morning and not worry about having wet feet. Great weight at 9 ounces per shoe; they’re also slip-resistant.
The Vivobarefoot Ultra 3 Bloom is a slip-on shoe that does not require much breaking in. However, if you want to add a bit of cushioning in areas where it’s needed, you can get some additional insoles. The shoe will fit most feet; however, it may be too narrow for wide feet. You should also be aware that they do not come in half sizes; they only have whole sizes available.
- The shoe is waterproof.
- It’s very lightweight.
- It’s very comfortable.
- The sole is a bit thin and not durable.
- Elastic lace and toggle – for quick and easy adjustment
- Sticky rubber sole – for grip in and out of the water
Camping shoes are quite a specialized type of footwear. You want to make sure that you get the right pair for your next trip, and that’s why we created this shopping guide. Different types of materials were used in different camping shoes, depending on their intended use. It’s essential to find the right shoe that fits your foot shape. If you have flat feet, it’s best to go for a sturdier material such as rubber or leather.
If you have high arches, it’s best to go for sneakers with lightweight shoes like mesh and EVA. If you have weak ankles, it’s highly recommended to wear running shoes instead of hiking shoes. Furthermore, the flimsier materials are not appropriate for outdoor use because they wear out much quicker than the sturdier materials do.
Most of the shoes on our list are created for outdoor use and worn in other places and situations. If you want highly durable shoes, you should go for ones made of leather or rubber. This material is usually a bit heavier than the others, but it’s most certainly worth it. If you have a higher budget and are looking for good quality, we suggest that you go hiking shoes by Salomon or Merrell. These shoes have excellent traction and durability, making them perfect for rugged terrains where you need to be sure-footed.
Leave A Comment